Thursday 10 May 2007

Lost in Vantaa

It isn’t always easy when the small town girl tries to go the big city. I woke up at 4 a.m. today, heading for Vantaa. I got luckily off the train at Tikkurila railway station, waited for my bus more or less patiently with a warming cup of tea in my hand. I jumped on the bus and thought that I’m getting good at this; finding my way easily in this new town. Suddenly I realized that the bus seamed not to be turning where I expected it to turn, it just continued to drive along Kehä III… But maybe it would turn soon… or not… hmmm…

I ended up taking a taxi from Myyrmäki to Helsignin pitäjän kirkonkylä, arriving almost an hour later than planned to the countryside part of my home town to be. But better late than never I got to meat my class. The pupils asked “Varför tog du inte buss 55?” Well, I tried…

I’m looking forward starting to teach grade five and six, and the children seamed to be sweat (aren't children often easy to love?). Some guys reported about a floor ball team I could join – I guess I don’t need to be scared for not having anything to do in my spare time. In August I’ll move to Vantaa, but before that there are other adventures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

välkommen med på mina, jeannette o idas "prova nya restauranger kvällar" här i Hesa i höst! Kul att du flyttar hit! kram/Mia