Sunday 20 May 2007

Sunny Barbados


"Where are you going?", the Barbice taxi driver asked again. "Just Home", we replied. He laughed when he understood it was the name of the guest house we were going to. Three days we relaxed on Barbados. The sea is so relaxing!!! If you're stressed you should come here. The water is just perfect. We swimmed and floated around for hours in the warm water. (Gunilla in the water on picture above). Like Moomin Dad explored the sea, I discovered that the sea actually had a changing character. In the afternoon it was gentle - big waves rolling in. In the mornings it was more playful, and maybe more dangerous... On Friday I had a bit of a adventure. I was enjoying the sea, floating around on shallow water. I had seen a small rock in the sea and thought I should watch out for it. But silly me wasn't careful enough. Suddenly I felt a pain like somebody cutting quickly with a knife over my foot. I jumped out of the water, Lena run for help while me and Gunilla tried to stoop my foot from bleeding. The stone had cut a about three cm long wound. It was sewed with eight stiches. Gunilla ensured me that he did a good work, although it did not seem so good at first when an old lady patted the wound with a small wadding. I was afraid she wasn't going to clean it more. Luckily it turned out that she was only a nurse and soon my doctor came in - a relaxed and humorous young man;) I guess the Finnish doctors are usually quite formal and don't tend to make jokes while operating... My foot is supposed to be recovering well. The wound wasn't deep and I believe the doctor made a good work. On Friday I'll go to get the stiches taken away. It hasn't been hurting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi gal,
I hope you are fine and that you are recovering after having that wound on your foot. "hope the doctors and nurse are treating you fine". Take care