Monday 18 June 2007

Cook Up Cook Out

There were rice, chicken, beef, salt fish, pineapple, bananas, mangos, water melons, coconut milk, carnation milk and much more when three competing teams met for at cooking competition. Group A had the privilege (?) of having a Finnish girl on the team. Fortunately it had some good young Guyanese men as head chefs. The Finn gave her support mainly by peeling, chopping, washing up and running some errands upstairs. After three hours of cooking all the three teams were finally ready for the display and to let the judges do their final evaluation. The first prize went to the Caribbean Crusaders (left photo: Worrick) while group A settled with a second prize (can you find the white girl in the group photo below?). But several have been asking for the Finnish Cook up… let’s see if that could be fixed with a big party…hopefully not scaring the Guyanese from coming to Finland.

The walking has excelled. On Saturday I asked if it’s all right for me to take walks along Russel and Camp Street (daytime). It was. On Saturday I left a note on the table that said which time I left the house and when I should be back and what streets I were going to walk. Elsworth and Carmen never saw my note, but Eworth (who I ran into a few quarters from home) had informed them about my steps of independence. The spoken word was more effective than the written… The walk did well! It was nice to be exercising, working on my tan, exploring the streets of Georgetown, recognizing a few faces…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Från Kvevlax-horisonten: wao vilket spännande liv du har! Bara du inte blir kidnappad av någon som vill hänga på...Vakta dig noga! Här var det konfirmation och bröllop som hände i helgen(Annika o Oskar)och en pojke från ett avlägset land som vi har hand om.
Ialla fall får även vi njuta av full sommar just nu. Kram! A.