Friday 15 June 2007

Project 'School' fin(n)ish


Today I said Goodbye and taught my students to say “Näkemiin”. I’ve been saying to people that I have 4-5 weeks left. Yesterday when checking I realized that I’ve only got three weeks and a weekend left! It’s a short time but I’m sure I will experience a lot. People seem to think that I’ve had a lot to do, but actually the pace has been quite good. I’ve finished school at 1 o’clock every day, went home for lunch. So my “working day” has been short. And when there hasn’t been anything at church I’ve mostly stayed at home (maybe good also to relax my foot). But now it is time to meet people!! Yesterday was a really good start for that. Alfred came to see me, but before that we took a (short) walk in the dark evening in Albouystown. He seemed surprised when I wanted to go for the walk and asked if it was ok for Elsworth. As long as I have a body guard there is no problem! And today I asked if I’m allowed to go alone to see them, during daytime, and that was also alright! So I have my plans for next week :) So you who are in Finland and don’t need to think twice before entering the door – remember you are lucky! It’s funny how small walks can become achievements :) But I’m not fed up or anything… it’s good to have goals for next week!

By the way – expect more Guyanese people in Finland. People are for real interested in coming! When talking to Alfred he said that he and Thomasine would start saving money. They are a wonderful couple, friendly and caring. So I guess I need to get a big, nice apartment in Vantaa to have room for all guests from Pohjanmaa and Guyana:) If anyone hears about some big house, just e-mail me…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hannaaaaaa! Om mot förmodan ingen annan sku va road av att läsa det du skriver är åtminstone jag det! Ååå, jag saknar Albouystown och alla vännerna där! Ja, ja, skicka hit dem bara, jag har också rum för gäster här i Hfors och vi behöver "more coffee in the milk" i Finland (som Els säger...) Välkommen till Hfors sen när det är dags. Men du hinner ju med massor innan dess ännu.
Kram!